UVEI continues to monitor the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, paying particularly close attention to the impacts on K-12 schools in the region where most of the learning through UVEI takes place.
Current Status of the Building/Campus: Open with restrictions.
Current Status of Programs: UVEI programs are currently operating using a hybrid/blended model of instruction that will be partially remote learning (combining synchronous and asynchronous engagement) and partially in-person seminars, small group gatherings, or coaching meetings. The academic calendar will proceed as scheduled, and faculty will communicate to candidates and participants when events are in-person or online.
Principles and Priorities for Policy Making: In planning and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, UVEI maintains the following principles and priorities:
- Value the health, safety, and well-being of the UVEI community and all of our stakeholders.
- Use local, regional and state health data and guidance in decision-making.
- Maintain academic standards, ensuring that candidates learn, practice, and demonstrate the full range of skills needed to be effective in their target field. Seek to make accommodations and modifications in response to emerging needs without unduly compromising a candidate’s preparedness.
- Flexibility and responsiveness: Work with candidates and faculty who have shifting circumstances e.g. internship placements, their children’s schooling arrangements, and health needs. Allowing for remote, in-person, and hybrid learning environments to the fullest extent possible. Allowing flexibility of placement requirements, anticipating that placements may be remote, in-person, or a hybrid.
- Take into account the needs of ALL stakeholders (partner schools, mentors, candidates, participants, faculty, staff, K-12 students, and family members) and respond flexibly when considering and listening to all of these stakeholders.
- Work closely with faculty and board representatives in decision making. Ensure that faculty maintain oversight and authority over decisions impacting academic integrity and quality.
- Maintain our accreditation and state approval commitments, working with oversight bodies where necessary to gain needed flexibility and approvals.
- Utilize diagnosis and design thinking to continuously adapt, learn, and improve our pedagogy to meet the needs of our candidates.
- Ensure that plans are sustainable and consider the mental, physical, social, and emotional needs of the entire UVEI community.
The full COVID-19 Operating Policies and Procedures can be reviewed online. These operating policies and procedures address:
- Principles & Priorities in Planning/Responding to COVID-19 77
- Policy Making & Communication 78
- UVEI COVID-19 Rapid Planning Taskforce 78
- Summary For Staff and Faculty Prior to Seminar Days 79
- Building 80
- Outdoor Classroom 80
- Personal Protective Equipment 81
- Cleaning 83
- Guidance on Disinfectant 85
- Screening 86
We will continue to monitor information on the COVID-19 carefully. Here is the most recent information from the NH Department of Health and Human Services, the VT Department of Health websites, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and The US Department of Education’s COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel, which provides information for higher education students and borrowers. Please contact me if you have questions or concerns!
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 003437300_heerf_Q42022_12312022
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 003437300_heerf_Q32022_
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 03437300_heerf_Q22022_06302022
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 03437300_heerf_Q42021_12312021
COVID-19 Guidance to Candidates, Participants. & Staff 01/03/22
COVID-19 Guidance to Candidates, Participants, and Staff re Vaccine Requirement 7/28/2021
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting USDOE (Ending June 30, 2021)
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting USDOE (Ending March 31, 2021)
COVID-19 Financial Impact of the Pandemic on UVEI Candidates Survey ~ 02/05/2021
COVID-19 – CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) & 18004(a)(3) Quarterly Report 12_31_20
COVID-19 Additional Guidance to Candidates & Participants 12/18/20
COVID-19 – CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) & 18004(a)(3) Quarterly Report 10/30/20
COVID-19 Additional Guidance to Candidates & Participants 8/31/20
COVID-19 Update for All Constituents re: Building Usage 8/5/20
COVID-19 Additional Guidance to Candidates & Participants 7/6/20
COVID-19 Summary of Emergency Financial Aid Grants Made to Students 06/30/20
COVID-19 Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students 05/01/20
COVID-19 Additional Guidance to Candidates & Participants 4/17/20
Notice: The Families First Coronavirus Act (FFCA or Act)
COVID-19 Information Re: Tuition & Payment for Candidates 3/30/20
COVID-19 Staff & Faculty Update 3/27/20
COVID-19 Guidance to Candidates & Participants 3/23/20
COVIG-19 Faculty & Staff Update 3/18/20
COVID-19 Guidance for Participants 3/13/20
COVID-19 Staff & Faculty Update 3/13/20
COVID-19 Upper Valley Racial Literacy Fellowship Teacher Orientation POSTPONED March 13, 2020
COVID-19 Update March 10, 2020