UVEI continues to monitor the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, paying particularly close attention to the impacts on K-12 schools in the region where most of the learning through UVEI takes place.
Principles and Priorities for Policy Making: In planning and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, UVEI maintains the following principles and priorities:
- Value the health, safety, and well-being of the UVEI community and all of our stakeholders.
- Use local, regional and state health data and guidance in decision-making.
- Maintain academic standards, ensuring that candidates learn, practice, and demonstrate the full range of skills needed to be effective in their target field. Seek to make accommodations and modifications in response to emerging needs without unduly compromising a candidate’s preparedness.
- Flexibility and responsiveness: Work with candidates and faculty who have shifting circumstances e.g. internship placements, their children’s schooling arrangements, and health needs. Allowing for remote, in-person, and hybrid learning environments to the fullest extent possible. Allowing flexibility of placement requirements, anticipating that placements may be remote, in-person, or a hybrid.
- Take into account the needs of ALL stakeholders (partner schools, mentors, candidates, participants, faculty, staff, K-12 students, and family members) and respond flexibly when considering and listening to all of these stakeholders.
- Work closely with faculty and board representatives in decision making. Ensure that faculty maintain oversight and authority over decisions impacting academic integrity and quality.
- Maintain our accreditation and state approval commitments, working with oversight bodies where necessary to gain needed flexibility and approvals.
- Utilize diagnosis and design thinking to continuously adapt, learn, and improve our pedagogy to meet the needs of our candidates.
- Ensure that plans are sustainable and consider the mental, physical, social, and emotional needs of the entire UVEI community.
The full COVID-19 Operating Policies and Procedures can be reviewed online.
We will continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other authorities. Please contact me if you have questions or concerns!
UVEI received CARES act and HEERF funds during the pandemic, which required public reporting. This documentation is available below:
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 003437300_heerf_Q22023_
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 003437300_heerf_Q42022_12312022
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 003437300_heerf_Q32022_
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 03437300_heerf_Q22022_06302022
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting 03437300_heerf_Q42021_12312021
COVID-19 HEERF Quarterly Reporting USDOE (Ending March 31, 2021)