Faculty Member for School Leadership and Teacher Preparation
Announcement – Beginning July 1, 2019 (Flexible start date possible)
About UVEI: For more than 45 years, UVEI has been an innovator in teacher preparation and licensure for adults and career changers. Since 2007, UVEI has also offered a program for experienced educators who aspire to become school leaders. Our approach emphasizes learning through experience in intensive internships under the guidance of experienced and effective mentors and coaches, supplemented by collaborative inquiry with colleagues in a seminar setting. These elements lead towards assessments of candidates’ readiness based on evidence of their competency as accomplished beginning school leaders and teachers.
About the Position: This is a full-time faculty position that includes teaching in school leadership and teacher preparation programs, one-on-one coaching and supervision of candidates, and project management. The person in this position will have an opportunity to work with candidates across programs, including principal, new teacher, and graduate degree candidates, as well as experienced educators developing advanced knowledge and skills through the Upper Valley Graduate School of Education. Faculty members also collaborate on participant recruitment, program development, curriculum development, program evaluation, and accreditation activities. UVEI is a continuously innovating organization, and faculty members are expected to have a high degree of ownership and investment in improving UVEI, fostering growth in colleagues, improving UVEI partner schools, and supporting the candidates we serve. As an extension of these responsibilities, faculty members are charged with managing specific projects and initiatives, providing leadership and coordination of colleagues. Faculty members are part of the collaborative leadership team at UVEI and are directly responsible to the Executive Director.
- A record of accomplished teaching and leadership
- Experience/training in instructional leadership (i.e. instructional coaching, mentoring, facilitating professional development)
- Experience fostering the growth of novice school leaders, teacher leaders, and teachers
- Doctorate or advanced degree in education or a related field
- Experience and expertise at the elementary school level
- Experience and expertise as a school leader
- Expertise in literacy education
- Research and teaching in school leadership or teacher education at the undergraduate/graduate level
- A valid Vermont or New Hampshire (or equivalent) educator license
- Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 depending on experience. This is a full-time, salaried faculty position.
- Requires travel to UVEI partner schools
- The work schedule for this position is flexible, but requires regular instruction of seminars. While seminar and teaching schedules fluctuate, seminars may include weekday, weekday evening, and Saturday teaching duties.
- This position begins in July/August 2019 (flexible start times may be possible). Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Andrea Feid, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.