Literacy Licensure

UVEI approved by the states of New Hampshire and Vermont to recommend Literacy Educator Program graduates for licensure in relevant endorsement areas listed here. 

  • Reading & Writing Teacher (New Hampshire, 1 year or 2 year program)
  • Reading & Writing Specialist (New Hampshire, 2 year program)
  • Specialized Literacy Professional (Vermont, 2 year program)

The licenses associated with the two year program also require a masters degree (Vermont) or masters degree related to literacy (New Hampshire). UVEI’s MEd in Literacy Teaching or Literacy Leadership would qualify and can be pursued concurrently. Candidates for any of the New Hampshire licenses also need to pass the New Hampshire Foundations of Reading exam.