Many school leaders share a common frustration: How to transform mountains of data on student achievement into an action plan that will improve instruction and increase student learning. Educational leaders are called on to promote the success of every student by advocating, nurturing, and sustaining an instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
Through this inquiry you’ll gain the tools to lead a data based inquiry cycle, working with faculty groups to examine data, make appropriate inferences, and link that data to plans for meaningful action. In addition to these activities, you’ll have the option to do a further exploration of the research as it informs and improves your practice.
Now accepting registrations for December 2023-June 2024.
Seminar schedule. Online sessions will take place on Zoom, and in person sessions will take place at 194 Dartmouth College Hwy, Lebanon, NH, 03766.
- Saturday, December 2, 9 am – 12 pm, Organize for Collaborative Work, in person
- Tuesday, January 16, 4:30-7:30 pm, Data Overview & Digging Into Data, online
- Tuesday, February 20, 4:30-7:30 pm, Analyzing Instruction, online
- Tuesday, March 26, 4:30-7:30 pm, Plan for and Assess Action, online
- Saturday, May 11, 9 am – 12 pm, Reflect on Action, in person
- Practicum work and independent practice continue after final seminar. Anticipated completion date is June 27.
Credits and Cost:
- 3-4 credits
- $550 per credit